The Revive Methodology
The Revive Methodology has been developed by experts in the BCM field. It is based on their experience delivering Business Continuity services for almost 30 years.
Why It Works
- The Revive Methodology focuses on business needs as the foundation of all strategies
- The Revive Methodology is complimented by the Revive Software, a sophisticated BCM software solution that reflects each organisation’s:
- Geographic Landscape
- Business Functions
- And Supporting Resources (i.e. buildings, IT, people, office equipment etc)
- The Methodology delivers contingency capabilities for Business Functions via Resource Management, not scenario planning, meaning your BC plan will enable your organisation to resume business, irrespective of the nature of the disaster.
How it Works
The Revive Methodology is based on a holistic and cyclic approach to BCM one that is always in transition and integrates business and technology management.
The Methodology defines a BC process that transitions through 6 stages from Project Establishment (stage 1) to an on-going management discipline (stage 6) before returning once again to the first stage as part of the continuous nature of the process. Each stage has a defined set of deliverables, which must be signed off by a Steering or Governance Committee before the next stage commences.
In the event that a disaster does strike, the organisation will need a tested Response and Recovery capability. The Revive Methodology results in the creation of 5 colour books which will provide the necessary procedures to enable you to respond and recover from any disaster.
- Book 1 contains the Emergency Response information, needed when an incident occurs. It enables the organisation to:
- Put in place the management structure to deal with the disaster
- Assess the damage and activate the Emergency Response process
- Book 2 is the primary source for managing the restoration priority sequence for Business Functions and Resources (including logistics) that have been disrupted
- Book 3 contains the detailed recovery procedures needed to deal with the non-availability of key resources.
- Book 4 contains details relating to the Business Management activities needed to re-establish Business functionality when the disaster strikes.
- Book 5 contains the methodology, analysis, costed strategy information, and authorised sign-off references used in the development of plans and while not used when a disaster occurs must be subsequently reviewed and updated to ensure the organisation recovers completely in the aftermath of the event.
These books, in tandem with the Revive Software, ensure that your organisation will maintain a complete Business Continuity Management plan and can confidently conduct business in an increasingly uncertain climate.
Click here to organise a presentation of Revive with one of our consultants.